Crayta brings together all ages, abilities and backgrounds to create multiplayer games and share them with their families, friends and the rest of the world.
Crayta's goal of making game creation accessible to everyone is a continuation of a vision held by many Unit 2 Games staff for a long time. Key Unit 2 Games staff worked previously on an indie games marketplace (IndieCity), as well as on a sandbox UGC MMO called SkySaga.
- Our vision is to make high-quality game creation and publishing accessible to the mass market, enabling people of all ages, experience, ability and background to make and publish their own games for a global audience.
- Creation and play in Crayta are real-time, multiplayer, seamless experiences and exist in the cloud via Stadia, without the need for separate downloads or additional creative tools.
- Basic players can create and publish a simple multiplayer game in as little as 15 minutes (without the need to code or use other specialised skills).
- Advanced developers can create complex games limited only by their imagination, iterate and improve on them using Crayta’s analytic dashboards. and even earn a revenue share from Unit 2 Games.
Full announce trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
The unique aspect of Crayta, after watching copious amounts of footage, is the learning curve of its game creation tools.Laura Kate Dale, Kotaku
About Unit 2 Games
- Formed in 2017 and based in Leamington Spa in the UK, Unit 2 Games was founded and is run by former Radiant Worlds and Blitz Games Studios Chief Operating Officer, Richard Smithies, alongside a senior-level team many of whom have worked together for over a decade. They bring skills and experience from operating server-based, creative sandbox adventure SkySaga, and the studio is now building UGC-powered collaborative game creation and sharing platform Crayta. It has grown to over 40 staff, following several additional rounds of investment.
- More information
- More information on Unit 2 Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.