Crayta brings together all ages, abilities and backgrounds to create multiplayer games and share them with their families, friends and the rest of the world.
Crayta's goal of making game creation accessible to everyone is a continuation of a vision held by many Unit 2 Games staff for a long time. Key Unit 2 Games staff worked previously on an indie games marketplace (IndieCity), as well as on a sandbox UGC MMO called SkySaga.
- Our vision is to make high-quality game creation and publishing accessible to the mass market, enabling people of all ages, experience, ability and background to make and publish their own games for a global audience.
- Creation and play in Crayta are real-time, multiplayer, seamless experiences and exist in the cloud via Stadia, without the need for separate downloads or additional creative tools.
- Basic players can create and publish a simple multiplayer game in as little as 15 minutes (without the need to code or use other specialised skills).
- Advanced developers can create complex games limited only by their imagination, iterate and improve on them using Crayta’s analytic dashboards. and even earn a revenue share from Unit 2 Games.
Release trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
...the developers and Crayta's creators all have bright visions for what they hope to see in the platform's future.Rebekah Valentine, gamesindustry.biz
Built on Lua, the same coding architecture that birthed Roblox, Crayta has the advantage over rival creation platforms of being hosted in the cloud. This means you are able to instantly tweak your creations on one screen and see it live on another; it's a feature that impresses right away and serves as a reminder of Stadia's promise.Mark Delaney, GamesRadar
I have to say that Crayta has a promising roadmap, with continued support, updates and community standing, it can become one of the best Google Stadia titles there is.Jordan Campbell, Bonus Stage
The mission statement of making game creation accessible to all goes beyond Crayta’s chosen platform. The team have gone to great lengths to truly make the game as accessible and representative as possible.Chris Wallace, MCV/Develop
Crayta’s premise is to bring the power of the Unreal Engine and make it accessible to folks, regardless of their (lack of) game development experience.Kyle Bradshaw, 9to5Google
What a joy, then, to find a game tie-in that works as an individual comic and, even more surprisingly to discover that it’s an intriguing first issue in a six-part mini-series. One that leaves the reader looking forward impatiently to the next installment.Peter Duncan, Down The Tubes
About Unit 2 Games
- Formed in 2017 and based in Leamington Spa in the UK, Unit 2 Games was founded and is run by former Radiant Worlds and Blitz Games Studios Chief Operating Officer, Richard Smithies, alongside a senior-level team many of whom have worked together for over a decade. They bring skills and experience from operating server-based, creative sandbox adventure SkySaga, and the studio is now building UGC-powered collaborative game creation and sharing platform Crayta. It has grown to over 40 staff, following several additional rounds of investment.
- More information
- More information on Unit 2 Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.